Gingerbread City 2013 – Tuesday, December 3rd
Honoring Co-Chairs Mary & Lee Rice
Event Description: A spectacular epilepsy awareness event, this holiday gala for charity features celebrity chefs, complimentary champagnes and wines, holiday music, exciting auctions and the largest nationally recognized gingerbread structure competition on the West Coast showcasing creations by San Diego’s leading chefs, artists and designers.
Demographic: Event attendees include prominent leaders in business, society, community and medicine. Several hundred San Diegans attend the gala and thousands of local, national, and international admirers flock to see the exquisite gingerbread structures on display after the gala.
Publicity & Promotion: Gingerbread City is the premier charity event of the holiday season in San Diego County and receives tremendous media coverage. This coverage of the Gingerbread Structure competition provides a unique opportunity to raise awareness about epilepsy and seizure first-aid. Articles and photos have been featured in the San Diego Union Tribune, Getty Images: News and Sports, San Diego Magazine, San Diego Home/Garden, Ranch & Cove Magazine. In past years at the U.S. Grant, Gingerbread City attracted an unprecedented 7 days of television news coverage on seven different stations.
Epilepsy Foundation/Gingerbread City Gala press coverage:
• Local television coverage and Clear Channel radio promotion
• Pursuing National TV Coverage (The Food Network, The Discovery Network, Bravo, etc.)
Bon Appétit magazine
• Feature articles and listings in San Diego Union Tribune & local newspapers
• Featured in magazines including: San Diego Home & Garden, Riviera, Gente Bien, San Diego Magazine
• KPBS Charity Event of the month: includes pre-recorded TV spots, live broadcasts, print promotion, internet and e-news letter promotion, and event logo included on KPBS print materials and website for the entire year
• AP news service (national)
• Getty national news photo service
• Airline/travel/tourism magazines and Web sites